PLAN A HAPPENED!!!!!
TIERNAN HAS A NORMAL 4 CHAMBERED HEART!
PRAISE THE LORD!!!
Dr. Hanley just spoke to us and we had been given false info about the conduit! He was able to separate the aortic valve and pulmonary valve and the aorta has almost zero gradient!!!!!! That is un.be.liev.able.
His AV valve is now separate, mostly balanced non-leaky tricuspid and mitral valves.
His LV is absolutely of adequate size.
His aortic arch is, at it's smallest, 10mm. That is nearly normal.
His Glenn is gone and his Superior Vena Cava is reattached to his Right Aorta like a normal heart.
He did it all with Tiernan's own native tissue!!!!
He has 100% oxygen saturations!
He has a heart that now looks just like a normal heart!!!!
He only threw one curveball. Bleeding. They finished the reconstruction at around 3:30 or 4 but he was having persistent bleeding. Not lots, just persistent. So they had been waiting for several hours for it to stop, but finally decided to "pack it" and leave it open for a day or so.
This is TOTALLY common and okay. Expected, even.
Tiernan has a LOT of healing to do. No doubt about it. He's been through an enormous surgery and we need to take this hour to hour, day to day. But I cannot even express how I'm feeling right now.
This is truly the best day ever!
I cannot believe this. I am so happy for you all. God is truly amazing and tiernan is such a strong boy. I cannot explain how happy I am for you all. It has been a long road but omg he did it!!!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! This is fantastic news! I can't wait to see Tiernan's new heart in Tacoma.
ReplyDeleteI hope I got your "Hanley walks on water" quote accurate. Hahahaha. So glad you are reading.
DeleteThat is amazing news!! So happy for all of you. God Bless! Will keep praying for a smooth recovery.
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing your journey! Praying for you and your family. Such exciting news!
ReplyDeleteSuch amazing news!!! Love and hugs to you all!!!
ReplyDelete