Monday, July 21, 2014

He is starting to show what he's made of...

Jason and I went upstairs to sleep last night and wouldn't you know it, the little bugger opened his eyes and started getting a bit agitated.  So Hans gave him more happy meds and he calmed down.  However, his LAP (left arterial pressures) went up into the 20s again.  So NP, Megan drew a little more blood out of the chest tubes.  It went down again into the high teens.

The plan is still to close today, but we haven't heard rounds yet, so anything could change. 

I really hope they close it.  Because he is  really fighting the sedation.  Over the past 3 hours, he has woken up around 4 times.  He is trying to open his eyes and then panics a bit.  (no surprise) He is also breathing against the vent.  We can tell because the resp waves are gray instead of blue when he initiates the breath.  It is happening more and more frequently.  All of these things are good and important for his recovery, and they say that versed has an amnesiac effect and he won't remember any of this, but I am not sure I buy that. 

So please pray that he responds to sedation and that they get that chest closed asap. 

On a good note, he has gotten rid of most of the fluid so his face is no longer super puffy.  He is beginning to look like our Tiernan again. 

To be continued following rounds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment