He was a total rockstar.
For the first time EVER he didn't cry or squirm one bit for the duration of the EKG and Echo!
Amazing!
I wish I had been there to see it. Jason took him. Tristan got to go too. I hoped he would check out the Echo stuff, but he said he was too busy watching Curious George. :)
Weight is holding steady right around 27 lbs and he is now 34 inches tall.
His sats were a "perfect" 85 and Dr. S said his Glenn site is wide open and his coarct is unchanged from the last time. The valve leakage is also the same as it was 6 months ago.
By the way...I still can't believe it has been 6 months since his last visit to cardio and we haven't had any issues. None whatsoever!!!!
Oh, and speaking of time between appointments...I am in a state of shock as Jason tells me he does not have to go back in for...wait for it...9...that is N-I-N-E months!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Combined with no GI appointments (after December), that makes...hold on, let me do the calculations...ZERO appointments (except OT) until next SEPTEMBER?!!!!! Is that POSSIBLE?!!!! Shock, I tell you.
An actual conversation between Jason and Dr. S:
J-What are your thoughts regarding the Fontan?
Dr. S.-I don't even want to discuss it until we are close. And although it is not common practice now, within 5 years I expect to see recommendations changing to delaying the Fontan for as long as possible.
Perhaps that is a paraphrase rather than a direct quote, but to translate...his sats are great...there is no stress on his heart...since the Fontan causes all kinds of liver issues etc...we are not even going to talk about it.
Have I mentioned how happy I am that Dr. Stefanelli is in charge of Tiernan's care?
Finally, as if that wasn't enough awesomeness, Chris gave us the go ahead to d/c his Lasix.
wha-wha-WHAT?!
Cold turkey. Gone. See ya later diuretics!
*****Confession*****
As exciting as this is, I am nervous. Last time the Lasix was d/c'd he was in congestive heart failure within 2 months. Now, I know there were many other contributing factors there...like an impossibly narrow aorta, so I am not spending much time worrying, but there is some mild concern. Please pray all goes well and this does not add any stress to his heart function.
I'm so proud of my big boy. I'm sad that this is even a necessary milestone, but it is. Just as Nurse Jodi said, once he is 2 he will cooperate so much better for the echos. She is so smart.
And Tiernan is so awesome! :)
I prayed! XOXO
ReplyDelete