I’ve always said Tiernan has a heart worthy of the Frankenstein monster, but now we can add the brain to the party.
This afternoon I got a call from the neuro nurse to say that his EEG came back “abnormal” and that they were moving our follow up appointment from December 11th to November 27th.
There is nothing else to report except that when Jason originally met with Dr. Korol, she said that her Hope was that the EEG would be abnormal because that would corroborate her suspicion of the Benign Rolandic Seizures. His symptoms don’t really match any other seizure disorder apparently so we should be happy (?) with this I guess? If the scan had been clear, she would have been worried about more serious problems.
I’m grappling with this idea that the abnormal result is a positive outcome.
I’m also struggling with the idea that my poor boy has yet another health condition to add to his list. It just feels unfair.
That said, I know it could be worse and I’m trying not to let my own brain get too carried away.
Hence the jokes.
As always, if I don’t laugh, I cry.
Or yell swear words.
Or both.
So...jokes.
No comments:
Post a Comment