Today is the day we find out if the bi-vent is officially a go.
We are here at our favourite place...Mary Bridge Children's.
AND we get to have the most a-MAH-zing nurse, Lori! For those who don't know who she is, here's the scoop:
When we brought Tiernan into the Good Samaritan ER at 9 days old, we were obviously frantic and confused. Lori was the transport nurse who came from MB and she has had,from the start, an uncanny ability to make me calm down. I knew she was incredibly good at her job and I had just met her. Anyhow, she was part of those chaotic first moments and she also transported us up to Seattle Children's when that move became necessary. We discovered, as we rode up to SC in the ambulance, that she is friends with Dana, my heart mama friend who I have worked with at NVI since 2003. And then Lori was again one of our favourites during our 9 week stay for his DKS/Glenn and all the frightening moments that came our way throughout. Anyway, the bottom line is that Lori knows Tiernan as well as anyone here and her presence in this day is truly an unexpected gift.
MB has two wonderful peds cardiac anesthesiologists. Dr. Lord (who did the DKS/Glenn and loads of other stuff, and Dr. Borman who has taken care of hi on several occasions as well, including his g tube stoma closure. Dr. B has him today. They are both so kind and gentle and again, I feel much more at ease knowing he is in charge.
Because this MRI is kind of a big deal, he decided to do a breathing tube to give him better control of his airway. They always give a bit of versed (calming med) and then the mask to put T under before they do the IV. So thankful they don't do the pokes when he's awake.
Tiernan was so pleasant and his usual charming self right up until the moment stuff got real.
As they were getting set to do all this, T got wise to their plans and he was NOT impressed.
I had a moment where I started to worry that he was going to pass out because he was starting to hold his breath. His breathing was labored and I got nervous, until it hit me that Dr. B was p r o b a b l y well in control of the situation. Lol
In the meantime, this sitting and waiting is not doing much to make me eager for this upcoming hospitalization. In fact, I'm pretty much dreading it. But we will take it one step at a time, as usual.
MRI lasted around 2 hours and he did great. He took awhile to come out of the versed/propofol fog but we are getting ready to head on out. Hopefully we will hear some good news soon!
Thanks for all your support and prayers!
No comments:
Post a Comment