Monday, April 11, 2016

This boy's life brought to you by 4 chambers

I still recall, vividly, looking at a list of acceptable sports and activities for a single vent child. The list for kids like Tiernan pretty much boiled down to golf. 

So now I would love to show you all the things he is doing courtesy of the magical Dr. Hanley and his team of superheroes. 

Tiernan can ride any ride he wants, as long as his height is right. These happened to be the big swings. Not the kiddy swings. 


Tiernan is outside running and playing and riding his bike as much as possible. He doesn't ever get tired!  


Lacrosse!  I still cannot say how much I love this. 


Tiernan has been in 3 parades in his life. Twice for the UP Duck Parade and just last weekend in the Daffodil Parade. In the Duck Parade he had to ride in a wagon in order to make it down the parade route. On Saturday he walked/ran a total of 4.5 miles!  He looks just like all the other kids!  It's amazing. 


Today Tiernan started Rocketman Gymnastics!  This was his first attempt at climbing the rope. I am so impressed. Hahahah. 


His favorite part of class was bars. He ran his feet up the mat and then flipped over the bar (with some assistance) and pushed up and kicked his legs back and forth. 
It was an entire hour of running and jumping and climbing and tumbling. I think it's just amazing. 2 years ago we couldn't have dreamed this would happen.

We are forever grateful to the unbelievable team of doctors and therapists who have helped and keep helping this boy reach his potential. 




No comments:

Post a Comment