Monday, August 31, 2015

Memories and Looking Towards a Bright Future


We have been enjoying going through old photos and videos recently.  This photo was from August 29, 2009.  Tiernan was 10 days old. 
This is the last photo I have of Tiernan before we nearly lost him to undiagnosed CHD. 
These are the next photos I have. 


September 1, 2009.  2 days had passed and we were learning all about the numerous ways Tiernan's heart was not normal.  I couldn't go 30 minutes without bursting into tears. 

But here we are, 6 years later, and this is all I see.

The next member of the Class of 2028. This boy starts kindergarten in 10 days.



Unless we tell them, no one would EVER guess the life this boy has already lived. 

Today I chased him and his imagination around our neighborhood high school pretending to be spies and hiding from cars and the cross country team and the custodian. All so I could get photos of this milestone. 






(Thanks to fellow heart mama Elin for her inspired idea....and speaking of Elin. I secretly/not secretly anymore hope that her mighty girl, Maija will be Tiernan's girlfriend someday. She is just about the coolest 6 year old in the world....loves superheroes and Star Wars and ballet and archery and...I could go on for a long time.  She's rad. Does it really matter that she lives in Minnesota?  Oh. And Elin is a U of M Griz too. Seriously perfect.)

Anyway. I am so excited to see what life brings his way. And life better look out. He doesn't back down for CHDs, why should he back down for anything or anyone else?  



No comments:

Post a Comment